Everything you need to know!
Gold Coast Christmas Timetable 2015
Christmas Lights – Nov-Dec
Keen to take a drive through some of the most festive streets on the Gold Coast? These suburbs are known for their dazzling light displays: Ashmore, Arundel, Burleigh Waters, Carrara, Elanora, Helensvale, Ormeau, Oxenford, Pacific Pines, Robina, Upper Coomera, Varsity Lakes and Worongary.
Saturday December 5
Carols in the Park Upper Coomera
Where: Siganto Park
When: From 5:00pm
Enjoy a sausage sizzle, drinks, carols, entertainment and a visit from Santa!
Gold Coast Mayor’s Christmas Carols
Where: Broadwater Parklands
Come down to one of the Gold Coast’s biggest Christmas carol nights, filled with great entertainment and fireworks! All proceeds go to charity.
Sunday December 6
Studio Village Community Carols
Where: Movie World Car Park
Pop on some glow sticks, enjoy great food and drink, and stick around for the winner of the Best Children’s Christmas Costume Competition (5 to 12 years). Fireworks to finish.
Saturday December 12
When: From 3:00pm, carols at 6:00pm
Bring the kids down to Broadbeach for some festive fun! There will be plenty of activities to keep them occupied.
Christmas in Central Park
Where: Pacific Pines
When: Carols from 5:00pm-8:00pm
With free entertainment and kids activities, there’s something for everyone at Christmas in Central Park! There will be prizes, a visit from Santa and fireworks!
Mummy Tree Markets
Where: The Docks Precinct, Sanctuary Cove
Featuring gorgeous hand-made children’s clothes, home décor items, stocking fillers and much more! Free music sessions, jumping castles and free goodies!
2015 Sanctuary Cove Christmas Carnival
Where: Sanctuary Cove
When: 12-20 December, between 11:00am-2:00pm daily
The Marine Village will be transformed into a festive wonderland, including gorgeous fairy light displays and stunning decorations. There will be pony rides, ferry rides and an animal farm! Santa photos available from noon to 1pm daily.
Sunday December 13
Where: Brien Harris Oval, Peachey Road
Great entertainment, food stalls, free rides for kids, Carols, Santa and fireworks!
Colgate Parmolive Carols By Candelight
Enjoy pre-entertainment from 6pm, with the concert kicking off from 7-8pm. The night will finish with some beautiful fireworks at 9pm.
Christmas in Surfers Paradise
Where: Surfers Paradise
When: 13-24th Dec
Come down for some free family photos and meet Santa! See the spectacular sight of Cavill Mall light up for Christmas.
Friday December 18
Where: Broadwater parklands
When: 18-20 Dec
This is a free community festival, where you will find great gifts, delicious international cuisine and meet Santa, who arrives by helicopter!
Saturday December 19
Southport Yacht Club Presents Christmas Carols On The Broadwater
Where: Main Beach
Meet Santa, enjoy some free entertainment and watch the boat procession. Then finish the night with your favourite Christmas carols — all proceeds go to the Salvos.
Nerang Celebrates Christmas
Where: Bischof Pioneer Park, Nerang Street
When: From 3:00pm
There will be rides, Christmas carols, sausage sizzles, drinks, Santa’s arrival and lots of free entertainment for kids and families.
Open Air Christmas movie
Families are invited to pack a picnic blanket and come along to a special open-air Christmas movie, screening at Sanctuary Cove’s cinema under the stars.
Where: Sanctuary Cove
Sunday December 20
Carols on the Beach
Where: Surfers Paradise
When: 6:30pm to 8:00pm
It’s the Gold Coast’s Biggest Christmas Carols event, held under the stars on the famous Surfers Paradise beach. There is a huge line of talent and entertainment lined up for the night, including Blinky Bill, Acrobatic Elves, Showbiz Circus and more! The night will end with breathtaking fireworks.
Parking: $5 pre-paid parking is available at Bruce Bishop Car Park on Beach Road. This is valid between 4pm-10pm on Sunday 20 September only. Parking must be purchased between 4pm-6.30pm on the night.
Event Dates TBA
- Christmas on Tedder Tedder Ave, Main Beach
- Carols by Candlelight from 6pm followed by a rocking street party from around 8pm that wraps up around 11pm.
- Tamborine Village Lions Club Carols – Tambourine Village – Gold Coin donation. Bring your picnic rug or chair. Santa should arrive around 7pm.
- Coolangatta Christmas Concert – Queen Elizabeth Park – Enjoy entertainment and carols. Bring a rug and picnic and enjoy! Market stalls and fireworks to finish.
- Christmas By The Sea – Palm Beach Parklands -Gold Coin donation. Bring your own goodies or enjoy some food or treats (sausage sizzle, snow cones and fairy floss!) and drinks from the stalls or Dune Café at Palm Beach Parklands.
- Jacobs Well Community Carols by Candelight – Jacobs Well Community Centre – usually starts around 5pm for sausage sizzle, with carols from 6.30pm. Bring your torches and glow sticks for these carols by candlelight and fireworks around 8pm.
Not on the Gold Coast? Check out our other Christmas guides for 2015:
- Maitland Christmas Events 2015
- Tweed Coast Christmas Events 2015
- Sunshine Coast Christmas Events 2015
- Armidale Christmas Events 2015
- Bundaberg Christmas Events 2015
- Cairns Christmas Events 2015
- Northern Rivers Christmas Events 2015
- Southern Highlands Christmas Events 2015
- Taree Christmas Events 2015
- Wollongong Christmas Events 2015
- Newcastle Christmas Events 2015