Eating healthy doesn't have to mean missing out!
Do you really know what is in frozen, store-bought sausage rolls? Why not try this simple recipe below.
- 500 grams of premium beef mince
- 500 grams of chicken mince
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 1 large Granny Smith apple
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of reduced-salt tomato paste
- Fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup of wholegrain bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 pack of mountain bread wraps
- Preheat oven to 100°C.
- Finely grate all fresh fruit and vegetables and chop herbs.
- Mix all ingredients (except mountain bread) in a bowl.
- Clean your hands and lay the mountain bread out flat.
- Take a handful of mince and place in a sausage shape on the mountain bread.
- Brush the edges of the mountain bread with egg or water and roll firmly.
- Cut into 4 pieces and repeat for all wraps.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes (checking every 15 minutes).
- Rest to cool and serve.
Golden chicken nuggets are a classic favourite at kids parties. Our chicken nuggets are delicious and free of processed ingredients.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 2 cups of wholegrain Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup of wholegrain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 whisked egg
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Slice chicken into nugget sized pieces.
- Mix flour with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder in a bowl.
- Roll the chicken in the flour and then in the egg mixture.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the Panko crumbs and place them on a baking tray.
- When all chicken is coated, place the tray in the oven for 40 minutes, checking every 15-20 minutes.
- Slice open a nugget to see if they are cooked through (crispy gold coating and white centre).
- Rest, cool and serve.
Chocolate Banana Ice-Blocks
These chocolate banana ice-blocks are easy to make and perfect for a hot day.
- 5 large bananas
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla essence
- Half a block of melted dark chocolate
- Place bananas, vanilla essence and half the almond milk in a blender and mix until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick, add the rest of the almond milk.
- Pour into ice-block moulds and place into the freezer.
- Once frozen, remove from the moulds and dip half the ice-block in the melted chocolate.
- Place back in the freezer and serve when your guests arrive!
Organising a kids party can be a lot of work. Now you have your party food sorted, check out these party hire businesses in Rockhampton for all your bouncy castle, light display and music needs.
Contact: (07) 4927 2496
Servicing Area: North Rockhampton, Norman Gardens, Allenstown, Gracemere, Emu Park & Yeppoon.
Treat your guests to a range of party entertainment available for hire at Pimp My Party.
- Lighting, audio & visual effects
- Jumping castles, marquees & catering equipment
- LED & black & white dance floors & ice sculptures
Spice up your next event by hiring special effect machines, such as a snow, smoke, fire, bubble or foam from Pimp My Party. Whether it’s a wedding, kid’s party, or birthday party, the team has something for every occasion. Call Pimp My Party today to really wow your guests.
Contact: (07) 4962 0555
Servicing Area: Rockhampton, Gladstone & Bundaberg
Take the stress out of hosting a party with the production and planning services from Total Party FX.
- Party hire, party/disco effect lighting, popcorn makers & supplies & smoke/haze/bubble machines
- Production & planning services, DJ services & fundraising disco & event servicing
- Sound/public address systems, party packages & accessories
With a wide range of party packages available, Total Party FX will be sure to make your next party a success. Hire disco lights, smoke and bubble machines or spectacular laser and light shows to ensure your party is a success. Contact the team to see how they can jazz up your next event.
Check out these related blogs for keeping your kids healthy and happy: