Love your eggs Benedict? Here’s how to make it!
Super Simple Eggs Benedict Recipe
Hollandaise sauce ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 100g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 ice cube (if necessary)
- 4 eggs
- 4 split English muffins
- 20g baby spinach leaves
- 125g shaved ham
- 1 thinly-sliced avocado
To make the Hollandaise sauce
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites, so both are in separate bowls.
- Melt the butter in a small pan.
- Place the bowl of egg yolks over a pan of gently simmering water. Add lemon juice and mustard, whisk together well.
- Add a small splash of butter to the bowl of egg yolks, be sure to whisk well between each addition.
- If you notice the mixture separating, add the cube of ice—this could save it! If it’s a bit gluggy, loosen the mixture with a small amount of white vinegar.
Making the eggs Bene!
- Fill a saucepan with water until it is two-thirds full. Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, turn heat down to medium-low. Crack one egg into a cup, and stir the water in saucepan until a whirlpool forms. Slide egg into the water and cook, without stirring, for up to 3 minutes (soft yolk) or 4 minutes (semi-soft yolk). Remove from saucepan with a slotted spoon. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Meanwhile, toast your English muffins. Once toasted, top with spinach, avocado, ham and poached eggs. Drizzle with your home-made hollandaise sauce, and it’s ready to serve!
Prefer to enjoy eggs Benedict without all the washing up? Try these local Rockhampton Cafés.
If nothing sounds better than a delicious brekky among tranquil botanic gardens, Gardens Tearooms is the perfect place. Whether you’re after breakfast, brunch, lunch or just a delicious coffee, the friendly team here has it all. Order the delectable eggs Benedict served on Turkish bread, or opt for pancakes and maple syrup—they have all this and more. Enjoy a relaxed and atmospheric dining experience at Gardens Tearooms today.
Where: Botanic Gardens, Spencer St, Rockhampton, QLD 4700
For amazing coffee and equally as good brekky, head down to The Two Professors. Serving up high-quality sweet and savoury dishes, alongside perfectly brewed coffee, you can’t go wrong at this local Rockhampton café. If you’re looking for a great way to start the day, pop in to see the friendly team at The Two Professors today!
Where: 49 William St, Rockhampton City, QLD 4700
Prefer hot chocolate over coffee to complement your breakfast? Try this great recipe!
LOVE TO COOK?
Tell us your favourite eggs Bene recipe in the comments below!