Rockhampton, perfect your smoky eye with these tips!
A classic black and bronze smoky eye is perfect-less intense for the day and more intense for the evening. Playing with different shades will allow you to enhance your outfit or make your eyes pop.
Try these shades for your eye colour:
Brown eyes: Warm shades with golden flecks
Blue eyes: Blue tones such a grey, silver or violet
Green eyes: Deep plum and light purple
The trick behind a great smoky eye is blending. Although you can apply and blend with your fingertips (ensure you sanitise your hands first), brushes and sponges will take your creation to a new level. If you are looking for the right tools to use, a small fluffy eye brush and firm, slanted eye brush are perfect. Experiment with what works best for you.
How to create the perfect smoky eye
- Start by priming your eyelids. This will ensure your eye products last longer and prevent the chances of creasing. You can buy a specific primer or concealer works just as well.
- Take a neutral eye shadow and apply to the entire eyelid. If you are limited with your eye shadow shades, use a little powder foundation.
- Using kohl eyeliner, draw a line from the inner corner to the outer corner of your upper and lower lash line. Fill in both your upper and lower water line (skin closest to the eyeball).
- Using a small fluffy brush smudge both lash lines. Keep blending using small circular motion until there are no harsh lines and eye shadow is slightly extended to mid eyelid and about half a centimetre below your bottom lash line.
- Taking a clean brush or your finger, combine a grey eye shadow with a bronze eye shadow and blend into the crease of your eye to meet up with the smudged eyeliner. Ensure you blend up and outwards to create a wing above the crease.
- Blend over all eye shadow to remove any harsh lines.
- Using gel (this is where you use the firm slanted brush) or liquid eyeliner, line your upper lash line creating a slight flick at the edge of the eye.
- Apply a lighter eye shadow or highlighter to your brow bone.
- Coat your lashes in jet-black mascara and apply false lashes for a more dramatic look.
Looking for a beauty salon in Rockhampton?
Offering professional service at affordable prices, Lavender Lane Beauty is a home-based salon operated by a fully qualified beauty therapist. Relax and unwind while you enjoy one of the many treatments including waxing, massage, facials, microdermabrasion, nails and ear candling. Lavender Lane Beauty stocks ASAP skincare and makeup available for purchase when you visit. Call to book an appointment today.
Where: 7 Holgate Lane, Gracemere QLD 4702
Visit The Wax Shack Beauty Salon for all your beauty needs. Whether you are wanting to rejuvenate your skin with a facial or body wrap, unwind with a massage or be beautified with make-up, The Wax Shack Beauty Salon is dedicated to offering professional service. Take a look at their range of spa packages aimed to leave you feeling relaxed and invigorated. Call the team to book your treatment today.
Where: 5/289 Richardson Road, North Rockhampton QLD 4701
Want more makeup tips and tricks? Check out these blogs: