Find the right treatment for your hair type in Cairns
Avoiding “Humidity Frizz”
Living in a tropical climate in the summer time does awful things to our hair. There are a few small additions you can make to your daily hair routine to keep those wisps in line. Follow these simple, handy tips:
- Gently squeeze water out of your hair when it’s wet, rather than rubbing it with a towel.
- Brush a natural serum through your hair to create a protective coating from the elements.
- After washing and rinsing, give your hair a second rinse through with flavourless, odourless carbonated water.
- Experiment with braids and buns that’ll keep your hair contained throughout the day.
Dealing With Greasy Hair
When you have to wash your hair every day or two due to it’s oily tendencies, it can get quite frustrating, especially in the hotter months; nobody enjoys the feeling of running fingers through greasy hair! To keep your hair drier for longer and a little more manageable, try these hacks:
- Use dry shampoo on the day between washes. It’ll keep your hair fresh and also add volume, without the stiffness of hairspray.
- If you have really greasy hair, keep away from conditioners. Instead, shampoo twice and rinse thoroughly.
- Be kind to your hair and avoid excessive brushing, touching or general handling of your hair.
Keeping Dry Hair in Check
If you’re on the other end of the spectrum and need to give your hair some extra moisture, it’s important to give your locks lots of lovin’. Give these haircare tips a try during the hot summer months:
- Apply a small amount of Argan oil after washing or rinsing. It will help your hair retain moisture and keep it feeling soft and silky.
- From brushing to tying it up, be gentle when handling your hair. Dry hair is more prone to breakage.
- Skip heat treatments such as straightening and blow drying.
- Take some time to deep-condition your hair with natural ingredients such as egg or coconut oil.
It’s not all about natural treatments, shampoos and conditioners, however. Sometimes, the best way to give your hair a healthy boost is to get a fresh cut. You can find your nearest hairdresser on LocalSearch.
If you’re a Cairns local, we’ve done the search for you. Check out these Cairns hairdressers for quality cuts!
Catering for men, women and children, the lovely team at Blossom Hair Boutique attend to all of your hair needs. Visit them for:
- Professional cuts & colours
- Hair repair treatments
- Eyebrow care, plus much more
Whether you’re after a fresh, everyday look or a professional up-style for a special occasion, trust the team at Blossom Hair Boutique. Find out more about their services on LocalSearch.
When you need exceptional hairdressing services in the Northern Beaches, go to the experts at Eclectic Hair. Their services include:
- Men’s & women’s cuts
- Keratin treatments
- Hair extensions & more
The extensive range of services offered by the Eclectic Hair team will have your hair looking fabulous in no time. Discover more on their LocalSearch profile page.