Ensure your jewellery lasts for generations with these heirloom-quality care tips.
- Ensure that you apply make-up, body lotions and perfume before you put your jewellery on.
- Store your pieces in boxes that are lined with fabric in order to prevent scratches. Sterling silver should be kept in an anti-tarnish bag or cloth to prevent discolouration.
- Wipe each piece of jewellery (with a soft cloth) after undressing to remove body oils, dirt and grime.
- Have white gold re-plated or silver polished to maintain shine and lustre — at least once a year depending on usage.
- Have your jewellery professionally cleaned and checked for loose stones or clasps — at least once a year depending on usage.
- Keep your jewellery care plans/insurance papers in a safe place.
- Keep your jewellery away from bathrooms and kitchen sinks where pieces could fall down the drain.
- Have jewellery exposed to harsh cleaning chemicals.
- Have jewellery exposed to chlorine.
- Keep your pieces on when doing physical exercise, housekeeping or gardening.
- Expose precious coloured gemstones to sudden temperature changes as this may cause fractures, cracks or discolouration.
Sometimes you need a professional opinion. Whether your ring is missing its sparkle or your bracelet clasp needs fixing, we’ve found some local Newcastle jewellers to help you out.
Paul Carruthers Manufacturing Jewellers has been specialising in unique, fine jewellery for more than 30 years. Paul and his team can assist you with:
- Custom-made engagement & wedding rings
- Jewellery sales & repairs
- Antique & estate jewellery repairs
Find out more about Paul Carruthers Manufacturing Jewellers on LocalSearch.
Offering all jewellery repairs, remakes and remodels, Your Manufacturing Jeweller & Gem Boutique will have a solution to suit your needs. As a local Newcastle jeweller they offer:
- Gem recutting
- Watchmaker services
- Remodelling of existing jewellery pieces
View their full range of services on LocalSearch or make an enquiry today.
Now that you have your jewellery taken care of, read some of our fashion blogs here: