Is your dog feeling the heat? Don’t sweat it with these frozen dog treats.
Doggy Banana & Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Both you and your adored pup will love this banana and peanut butter ice cream! It’s best to give your pooch this treat outside, as it can get messy. You can also freeze in an ice-cube tray for delicious homemade dog treats for anytime!
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Fresh water as needed
- In a blender, add the bananas, peanut butter and 2 tablespoons of the water.
- Blend the ingredients until well combined, adding a tablespoon of water at a time until a syrup-like consistency is formed.
- Pour the mixture into ice-cube trays or a container and freeze overnight.
Frozen Treat Brick
This super easy treat will keep your dog cool and entertained for hours!
- Vegetable stock (preferably home-made)
- Your dog’s favourite dry biscuits
- Small cubed vegetables & cooked meat
- Put all the ingredients in a large ice-cream container.
- Secure the lid on the container and carefully shake to muddle the mixture.
- Check that the dry ingredients are completely covered with the stock and place in the freezer overnight.
- Once frozen, overturn the brick outside and watch your dog have fun!
Icy Kong Toy
Similar to the other treats, this only takes a minute-or-so to whip up. Take it to the dog park and have a picnic, or throw it in the backyard to keep your pup busy.
- 1 dog kong toy
- Veggie stock or water
- Peanut butter and mini dog biscuits
- Securely tape up one end of the kong.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and dog treats, or water and peanut butter.
- Place tape over the other end of the kong and carefully shake to mix.
- This will take only a couple of hours to freeze, and then you’re free to let your dog run wild with their frozen goodness.
Note: All these treats are okay for your dog to eat in moderation, so keep them for particularly hot days as a pooch treat.
In summer, dogs can get dehydrated just like us. If your dog is struggling to cope with the heat, pay a visit to this Bundaberg vet.
If you’re dog is in need of a vet, visit the caring and friendly team at Sugarland Animal Hospital in Bundaberg. Their services include:
- Mobile veterinary service
- Surgical facilities
- After hours emergency care
This modern and spacious clinic is equipped to treat sick and injured animals, including equine dentistry. You can also find a range of animal products, such as food, toys and treats.
To find out more about their services, visit the Sugarland Animal Hospital LocalSearch profile page.
Not in Bundaberg? Find a vet near you on LocalSearch.
Is you’re dog feeling the heat because of long or thick fur? Help cool them down at this Bundaberg washing and grooming salon.
Are you looking for a groomer to wash, clip and pamper your dog in Bundaberg? Look no further than the fully trained team at Totally Clips. Their services include:
- Full grooms & tidy ups
- Hydrobath & flea rinse
- Nail clipping
Totally Clips offers a range of professional grooming services for dogs and cats of all shapes and sizes. While you’re in the salon, take a look at their range of high-quality pet accessories.
To see what Totally Clips can do for your pet, visit their LocalSearch profile page.
Not in Bundaberg? Find a washing and grooming salon near you on LocalSearch.
Did you love our homemade dog treats, but need a tasty snack for yourself? Check out some of other recipes: