Beauty, activities and food for less than 20 bucks!
1) Visit the Tide Cafe for a big breakfast! Choose from delicious menu items including eggs Benedict, omelettes and porridge all for under $20 (and you might even be able to squeeze in one of their delicious coffees too!).
2) Try a group exercise class at Body Torque in Hermit Park. For a casual visit fee of $12 you can try your hand at a range of kickboxing or circuit classes, before deciding to join up at the gym!
3) Dig into a delicious burger from Clint Bradley’s Cafe. Choose from the spiced vegetarian burger, or the herb marinated chicken burger with mixed leaves, grilled haloumi, roast tomato, red onion aioli and basil pesto.
4) On a Wednesday head down to Crown on Palmer for their Parmi & Pot night. Grab yourself a delicious chicken parmigiana in one of three flavours (traditional, mexican or hawaiian) served with a side of chips, and a pot of your choice for only $20!
5) Take a yoga class at YogaHealth in Townsville! They have a huge range of classes from beginner right up to classes for experienced yogis. What a great way to feel good, and for only $15 a class!
6) Visit the Townsville Brothers Leagues Club on any night of the week (except for Saturday), and check out their awesome food deals in their Circa 20 Restaurant – all are under $20! Some examples include their Monday two-for-one meals for $18.90 (from a selected menu) and their $10 tasty T-bone Thursdays. Pop back on a Sunday and enjoy a traditional roast; two people can dine for $20.
7) Grab yourself a sandwich and a drink from Urban Crust. This great cafe in Hyde Park serves up fresh food including sandwiches, pies and salads as well as hot and cold drinks. Grab yourself a fresh pulled pork sandwich and a cappuccino, all for under $20!
8) Treat yourself to a 15-minute massage at Endorphins Plus. For only $10 you can take some time out to relax and release those tense muscles in your body. The experienced team at Endorphins Plus will make sure you leave calm – if 15 minutes isn’t long enough check out their full list of services!
9) Gentleman, you can get yourselves a hair cut and a free beer on Fridays at Turnstyles Hair Salon for $20! If your locks are in desperate need of a trim, but you haven’t made the time to book yourself in for a cut, then what better excuse than free beer?
10) Get a tan at Beauty Bayside! Okay, this one will break the budget, but only by $5! Grab a friend and head down to the studio, and you’ll both get a spray tan for $25 each! Just make sure to book ahead.
11) Indulge in some delicious retro-style food. Lulu’s Cafe 66 serves up awesome diner-style meals, from big and juicy burgers to traditional banana splits. The good news is, all their items on the menu are under $20, and you’ll get to experience the nostalgia of eating in a diner!
12) Try your hand at a spin class or Zumba at one of the Muscle Fitness & Gym classes! For a $15 casual rate, you can take part in a huge range of classes or just go for a one-off workout!
13) Share a delicious tasting plate for lunch at Brandy’s Restaurant. Including cajun calamari, garlic prawns, arancini balls and chorizo, this is sure to fill you up until dinner time, and it costs $17!
14) Grab yourself an $18 wood-fired pizza to take away from Ciabatta Restaurant. You’ll get to indulge in quality food and still stick to your budget! Try their signature Damiano pizza with lamb, goat’s cheese, caramelised onion, garlic, rocket and balsamic glaze. Yum!
15) Go for a quick dip at the Northern Beaches Leisure Centre. Pack your togs and head down to the Olympic-sized pool; adults can swim for just $5 a visit, or bring the whole family along (one adult and two kids) for just $9! You’ll even have enough left over for an ice cream!
16) Speaking of ice cream, check out Gelatissimo on The Strand and try one of their smooth, creamy treats! With some incredible flavours such as salted caramel and pistachio, this is a cheap treat you won’t want to go past!
17) Get your eyebrows tidied up at Eye for Beauty & Glamour. For $15 you can wax and tint those babies into submission!
18) Pamper your pooch and book in for a hydrobath and towel dry with Bark & Bubbles Doggy Daycare and Grooming! Basic bathing starts at $15.
19) Another one that will break the budget (but only by a bit!) – drop into Melann Hair and Beauty for a wash and blow dry starting at $25. Perfect if you are heading out for the night!
20) Have an amazing lunch at Le Chatz Cafe! Choose from delicious options such as burgers, BLT’s and open grills all for under $20. Delish!
Know of an awesome activity for under 20 bucks? Comment and let us know!